For today, I decided to go back to another prompt that I had passed on, as I didn’t feel like I had enough health advocacy blog recommendations (I think it still counts as sharing resources though!):
Share links to 3-5 of your old posts (or posts from other Health Activists!) that you think will help the newly diagnosed.
1) Migraine.com has some great infographics, including this one about migraine triggers.
2) This article by Teri Robert that was published on Health Central about how ti identify the four phases of a migraine.
3) Emily over at ThatMWord.com consistently posts some fantastic things. Most of them are personal, so it’s a great way to see how others experience and cope with migraine. She also posts a lot of research, like this article about migraine triggers.
4) Another great infographic from Migraine.com that addresses the prevalence of migraines in America in 2012
5) A post that I wrote during Migraine Awareness Month last year during the “Free Blog”. It’s about surrounding yourself with people who understand your condition. Or, if they don’t understand it, they’re at least willing to try to understand it and not judge you for your pain, having to cancel plans, or making you feel bad for your illness.
6) And a bonus! Because sometimes, we all need a bit of encouragement.